Holland Innovation Tours
Wednesday 12 October
Business and innovation tour through the Netherlands, one day before the Food Valley Expo.
Foreign businesses can sign up for one of the following thematic tours:
- Agtech Tour: Keygene| Dutch Sprouts | Wageningen UR Plant Research International | Solynta
- Biobased Economy Tour: Philips Growwise Center | Plantlab | Waste Factory
- Personalized Nutrition Tour: Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research | Restaurant of the Future |Noldus Information Technology | The Gelderse Vallei Nutrition Alliance
- Smart Fresh Food Tour: Koppert Cress | Duijvesteijn Tomaten | Nature’s Pride
- Food Safety and Health Tour: Triskelion | TNO | Wageningen UR Rikilt
- Reformulation, Technology and Processing Tour: FrieslandCampina | NIZO food research | TOP and JFPT foodlife
- Dairy and Water Technology Tour: Dairy Campus | Water Campus | Vitasquare | Henri Willig, Specialist Cheese Maker
Each tour will start and end at the Papendal Trade Fair, Conference and Hotel Center. The next day, October 13th the Food Valley Expo will be held here. More information: Holland Innovation Tours
Food Valley Expo
Thursday 13 October
The Netherlands’ main agro-food networking event. This day is dedicated to interacting and meeting.
The countdown has begun to Food Valley Expo 2016, the annual conference and trade show for food professionals from all over the world, on October 13. The event will feature innovations in sustainable proteins, personalized nutrition, agfood technology and food safety. The lively conference program will include presentations on the very latest scientific developments, the Food Valley Award ceremony and a variety of startup innovation pitches. As an added touch, the 2016 Food Valley Expo also marks the start of the Dutch Agrifood Week.
Food Valley Award
On the morning of October 13, the judges’ panel will announce the winner of the annual Food Valley Award, one of The Netherlands’ most coveted innovation prizes. The Award goes to the most innovative, economically feasible and sustainable of three shortlisted nominees. The shortlist will be announced in June 2016.
Science to Business
In the afternoon, businesses will have a chance to identify new opportunities among the latest innovations and scientific developments in the following areas:
- Green Proteins
- Agfood Technology
- Personalized Nutrition
- Food Safety
Renowned knowledge institutions, multinationals and small and medium-sized enterprises will be giving these presentations.
Trade show full of innovations
Visitors will have all-day access to the trade show where more than 50 companies will showcase their latest products and services. This year, the focus will be on businesses and knowledge institutions active in green proteins, personalized nutrition, agfood technology, food safety and innovative startups.
Startups will present their products to the international audience attending the event.